Description

Follow eight Otterbein undergrads as we travel through Chile and Argentina January 2-29!

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

San Martín

Yesterday, our group crossed the boarder between Chile and Argentina by boat to reach the beautiful little town of San Martín. A few of us girls found the most adorable coffee shop while the others did some shopping and unwinding after our trek. After breakfast this morning, we made the five-hour drive to Bariloche, Argentina. In this charming city of chocolate shops, cafes, restaurants, and beaches, we'll spend the next three days touring, shopping, bonding as a group, and of course practicing our Spanish as we become acquainted with Argentinian culture before we return to Valdivia and our host families.

I thought I'd take this opportunity to let a few of the other students say a few words about their experience so far on this trip:

"I'm having the best time of my life here in Chile. All the locals are so nice, especially my host family. I'm learning a lot about their culture and the Chilean Spanish."
- Justin Cox

"This trip has helped me as a Spanish language student, and also as a student of the world."
- Theresa Howe

"Studying in Chile has been the greatest, life-changing adventure. I feel so comfortable that sometimes I forget how far I am from home. I'm homesick, and I never want to leave."
- Joe Lucas

"Words don't suffice. Let's just say it's been the trip of a lifetime."
- Kaitlin Houdek



Travelling is too much fun!


Loving the warm weather in South America


Trying Chile´s best beer (well, some of us)!

1 comment:

  1. Sydneycita, no estoy en tu 'facebook' ahora, porque tenia que cambiar mi nombre y apellido porque algunas personas locas dieron que iba a hacer cosas malas a mi! Mi nombre nuevo es 'Elizabeth Yanke'. Te di una pregunta de amiga (como se dice 'request'?)pero pienso que tu no sabia quien estaba. Me da una pregunta por favor, te extrano!

    ReplyDelete